• 11 pts
    Counselor
    September 24, 2017 at 5:47 am #2912

Hello Ben,

Hook and Lester have been great! I currently have a forecast for the Philippines using much of what they both taught me, including the tools you provide. I did see some more activity in areas I highlighted today, but I think I may have been eager again in my post and I am seeing the 29th coming up.

Score: 0
    11 pts
    Counselor
    September 24, 2017 at 6:01 am #2913

To Whomever sees this,

Would we still want to use USGS or is EMSC reliable enough for considering a shrinking of a watch area when the depth doesn’t match? If we use EMSC, do the 10km deep quakes make sense as aftershocks?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rVyvjt9SjmcWdGx82

11 pts
    Counselor
    September 24, 2017 at 6:03 am #2914

Hoping that the above wasn’t a dumb question.

11 pts
    Counselor
    September 30, 2017 at 1:55 pm #2929

Hook,

I messaged you and was interested in hearing the revisions you wanted to explain with plate tectonics? I have another miss for the Philippines and Indonesia, but wasn’t necessarily using traditional plate tectonics for those areas or when I was tracking Mexico.

37 pts
    HookEcho
    October 1, 2017 at 7:54 am #2931

Counselor,
    I apologize for my absence.
    Currently my job has most of my free time locked up in recuperation.
    I will attempt to make myself more available in the coming weeks.
    Thermal energy migrating from the deep mantle originating from the Earths core plays a significant role in plate dynamics.
    Look into some alternate geology theories, such as the expanding Earth.
    I hope all is well and have hopes in joining you and the rest of the crew shortly.
    Scott [Hook Echo]

11 pts
    Counselor
    October 2, 2017 at 12:43 am #2933

Scott,
    No worries. I will check out expanding Earth. Taking my time with a couple ideas now anyway so I wish you solid rest and recuperation.

Lester,
    Saw a post you made about northern Myanmar. My looking at few things brought me nearby (mag fluxes, Sun/moon terminators, OLR, and weather). Looks like EMSC validated the region recently! USGS doesn’t have this area noted. I have seen you point this out before and I have been curious as to why this happens.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B5tbj3eZdDpoLMZ43

Hope all is well with you too! After I made my recent post, I have seen you have been busy.

-Chris [counselorgimber]

115 pts
    lester
    October 2, 2017 at 6:55 pm #2934

Hi Counselor,
    To be honest, I’m not sure why one publishes and one does not… but I know from asking this question myself some years back, that the USGS runs a skeleton crew at weekends. You may notice event data appears much later than EMSC at weekend, but during the week they are pretty much even timed… being short staffed may equate to the occasional human error perhaps!

Sorry to see you missed on the Philippines… I was there too, good to see we both worked the data to the same conclusion. Personally, I think Mexico still has it’s finger on the plasma globe, drawing energy away from other regions… all those high KP readings, and the best I got was a 4.3 in the Flores Sea 🙁

Thank you for enquiring after my well being, everything is fine… hope it’s the same with you and your family.

My condolences regarding Las Vegas… my thoughts are with you and your countrymen/woman today!

37 pts
    HookEcho
    October 4, 2017 at 10:32 am #2935

Counselor,
    There are no dumb questions. Well, yeah there is but that is not one of them.
    I utilize several quake reporting sites when creating/modifying forecasts.
    For example, usgs seems to miss deep seismic shocks from time to time…

Viewing 8 posts - 251 through 258 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search