• 37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 21, 2017 at 3:33 pm #1844

Hello Counselorgimber,
    Yes, it is a valuable pursuit, as it is part of the puzzle. But the list you are using for correlation rules out many crossings if they do not fit their ‘criteria’ thus much valuable data is left out. This graph linked (using another data source for SSBC’s) displays the distribution of M6.3 and greater earthquakes 1973-1992 [19 years, 772 total] depending on the time intervals from the day of the IMF magnetic sector change, [solar sector boundary crossings]. From this graph one can conclude the majority of earthquakes Magnitude M6.3+ occur within the 3 day interval of a sector boundary crossing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83EkoitOiKQYVFPdVBWTmpTNWM/view?usp=sharing

In collaboration with GoToSpace and Stephen Shaw, we created a video a few years back. We went through ACE data and made our own list for the approx. one year short term study. We ended up with a 91% correlation rate with earthquakes M6.3 and higher using a 3 day interval. It was taken down but since has been re uploaded on my back up channel, just search for “The Interplanetary Magnetic Fields Influence on earthquakes.” It will be on the HookEchoB channel.
    It contains much information, and may be worth your while to check out. I will return to this discussion shortly.

Score: 0
    115 pts
    lester
    June 21, 2017 at 7:53 pm #1851

HookEcho, I am reviewing the research links you provided, but as yet no association, I’ll need a few days to wake up some memory cells, but in the meantime, I thought the following may be of interest.

My research has been primarily centred on frequency, the interactions of dusk and dawn with the aforementioned locations follows this accordingly. I made note of positional data from the 11th which could be informative as insight to investigating this further. Solar noon in the lesvos basin, Western Turkey 26.31′ E – 38.85′ N (6.3 epicentre) occurred at 10:15 UTC June 11. This changed to 10:16 UTC on the 12th (day of the event) and 13th. Meanwhile, it was dawn at 10:17 UTC on co-ordinates 91.76′ W – 15.10′ N, epicentre of the 6.9 Guatemala event June 14. The data seems consistent with long wavelength correlation, in the region of IR 3000 nm – 1mm, bordering on microwave perhaps!. If the terminator thresholds are not generally something you monitor, I thought it might be useful information.

Could you tell me if there is any way to access previous Blot Echo data, for say the last 30 days ? working a hunch…

11 pts
    Counselor
    June 21, 2017 at 10:11 pm #1853

Hook, Thank you for the video link. I just watched it. Are the neutron heat flux events and burst events on earth located at/around a blot echo spot? When you mention the deformations in the crust, my thoughts went to the subduction zones as being the best candidates for being more sensitive to these events. What my train of thought is heading towards is also wondering if the differing polarity of earth’s magnetic field will then direct that energy accordingly? If the positive flows to earth are concentrated to areas of crustal deformation inside of the negative polarity (I am referring to the Magnetic declination link that Ben has on magneticreversal website)? What the result would be, if I was even in the ball park here, blot events in the regions of matching polarity and crustal event at opposite polarity. My rationale for that last thought came from your posts about earthquake migrations. I know I am saying a lot here (making assumptions for sure). Then, coupled with an earthspot low, the energy is returned back to the atmosphere/sun.

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 21, 2017 at 11:58 pm #1854

Counselorgimber,
    First, We will take this one step at a time and keep it simple for the time being. When the neutral layer crosses Earth and the Interplanetary Magnetic field polarity changes, the Earths crust generates short bursts of intensity of neutron emission. This is likely associated withdeformation of the Earth’s crust that can be caused by electrostriction and magnetostriction arising under the action
    of large-scale Interplanetary Magnetic Field inhomogeneities on the Earth’s magnetosphere. In other words, the magnetic field is not uniform. The Moon actually stresses Earths crust in a similar manner, as evidenced by the detection of thermal neutrons by ground stations near the Full Moon. They differ as the thermal neutrons are slowly and more sporadically released, while T.N. detection as we approach and cross a solar sector boundary is more so bursts and a sharp, steady increase is had to ignore.

Lines of Magnetic force also can accumulate on either side of the neutral layer, [the layer that separates positive and negative polarities of the solar wind.] this is also where we may find the current energy of the Solar Polar Fields.

It also has been found an increase in the hard component of cosmic rays, as much as 100% , riding along side the boundaries. Not unlike a natural particle accelerator in space.

Earth also experiences a temporary direct electrical and unique magnetic connection between Sun and Earth. It has been noticed in the field a localized surge/increase in tulleric currents during these space weather events.

You may have noticed an increase in protons via ACE in the past during a SSBC event. It will look something like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83EkoitOiKQY1ZuZmxzSFB5ejA/view?usp=sharing

There is so much to go over in regards,so I will leave you with this to ponder for today. Questions are welcome.

115 pts
    lester
    June 22, 2017 at 9:35 am #1857

HookEcho, apologies but you can belay my Blot Echo request for the present, I managed to turn my old machines back on again, so the requested info may not be required… thank you

115 pts
    lester
    June 22, 2017 at 2:15 pm #1858

2017-06-12 12:28:37 UTC M 6.3 Le’svos Basin, Western Turkey – geocentric position of the sun, 7′ 10′ W – 23′ 11′ N
    Sunset on co-ordinates 70′ 43′ E – 26′ 37′ S, Triple Junction, Central Indian Ocean Ridge, 12:29 UTC (Lester:June 11 10:09 pm)

2017-06-22 12:31:04 UTC M 6.8 Offshore Guatemala – geocentric position of the sun, 7′ 15′ W – 23′ 26′ N
    Sunset on co-ordinates 70′ 43′ E – 26′ 37′ S, Triple Junction, Central Indian Ocean Ridge, 12:31 UTC

HookEcho, I am continuing to try and digest the material you are posting, but I’m afraid some of this too me, is like trying to speak fluent French after not having used it for 30 years. I don’t know if the data above means we are venturing into the Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere-Magnetosphere coupling system territory. But if you correlate this with the Guatemala information in my previous post, from an old engineers point of view, I’d say the sun had just stepped back into it’s own “magnetic footprint” again !!

I’ll do my best to try and keep up…

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 22, 2017 at 7:58 pm #1859

Lester, sorry it was a late night for me and apologize for not responding. There is a Deeper Look on the .org website, Episode 36 – May 4, 2017 – USGS Archive Searching a tutorial that should assist you in your effort.

“2017-06-22 12:31:04 UTC M 6.8 Offshore Guatemala – geocentric position of the sun, 7′ 15′ W – 23′ 26′ N
    Sunset on co-ordinates 70′ 43′ E – 26′ 37′ S, Triple Junction, Central Indian Ocean Ridge, 12:31 UTC”
    Combined with the other factors: We crossed the IMF neutral layer earlier several hours before the earthquake that wiped out the electron storm [see this mornings S0 news] and due for another crossing today as a CIR [co rotating interaction region] will be sweeping past Earth and is due to arrive any time now. We are within a few days of the New Moon and the Summer Solstice occurred back on the 20th. We have around 5 more days left before the Solstice influence on seismic activity wanes. I sure would love to have public access to uncensored thermal neutron data from a nearby ground station.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by HookEcho.
    115 pts
    lester
    June 23, 2017 at 6:23 pm #1871

Thank you HookEcho, I am impressed with how quick you are able to source the necessary information, and bring it to hand… I have enough trouble remembering where I parked my car 🙂 your understanding is appreciated.

I was deliberating the behavioural pattern of the CIR, is it interrelated with specific orbital cycles ? I have been trying to establish a sequence for forecast related purposes, but it may also give insight towards the current solar environment. Please indulge me with the following…

I have spent most of the past month, trying to log the data feed breaks related to the Ace satellite, particularly the mag monitor. Most feeds have been cutting off in the 23:30’s UTC range. A bit late for me, but I managed to log 20 times in total from 25th May (first break in weeks)… I only managed 20 because I got tired of drinking water!. Of the total, I separated eight individual times (40%) which I deemed comparable with a terminator boundary.

25/5 – 23:38 UTC
    26/5 – 23:36 UTC
    29/5 – 23:35 UTC
    01/6 – 23:35 UTC
    04/6 – 23:32 UTC
    05/6 – 23:31 UTC
    11/6 – 23:32 UTC
    19/6 – 23:30 UTC

The times above are compatible with the changing times of Sunset within 5 radial kilometres of co-ordinates 99′ 57′ W – 36′ 12′ S, West Chile Rise (Lester:June 18 2017, 8:58 pm). I happen to believe ground anomalies are capable of affecting satellite transmission… but everyone to their own !

On June 19 at 07:14:51 UTC, the sun reached it’s most Northerly (solstice) latitude on co-ordinates 71′ 38′ E – 23′ 26′ N. At this time (07:15 UTC), it is also Sunrise on co-ordinates 28′ 01′ W – 19′ 26′ N, approx 600 km’s NNE of Cape Verde.

The sun remains at this lateral position until 00:54:45 UTC June 23, at which point it starts it’s journey South. 00:54 UTC is also the time of Dusk on co-ordinates 78′ 18 W – 9′ 32′ N Panama, and Dawn on co-ordinates 26′ 31′ E – 38′ 85′ N Lesvos Basin, Western Turkey (6.3 epicentre).

On June 24, at 07:56:10 UTC, the moon reaches it’s most Northerly latitude of the month, on co-ordinates 64′ 52′ E – 19′ 26′ N. These co-ordinates relative to Earth, place you 350 km’s East of Murray Ridge, in the Arabian Sea. Position of the sun at this time is co-ordinates 61′ 35′ E – 23′ 24′ N, Again, this places you on the Omar Basin, North Arabian Sea. LATE ADDITION – it will be Dusk on co-ordinates 167′ 01′ E – 11′ 10′ S (5.1 epicentre, Solomon Islands 2017-06-23 15:37:13 UTC)

At 14:23:54 UTC June 24, the moon again starts heading South, it’s co-ordinates at this time are 28′ 01′ W – 19′ 26′ N (approx 600 km’s NNE of Cape Verde!). Also at this time (14:23 UTC), it is sunset on co-ordinates 64′ 52′ E – 19′ 26′ N (350 km’s East of Murray Ridge, Arabian Sea!). The moon also shares the same longitude as the 5+ events in the South Sandwich Islands on Tuesday (June 20).

Conclusion – When Sunset reaches co-ordinates 99′ 57′ W – 36′ 12′ S, West Chile rise at 23:36 UTC on June 24, it will also be Dawn (23:36 UTC) on co-ordinates 64′ 52′ E – 19′ 26′ N (350 km’s East of Murray Ridge, Arabian Sea), Dawn (23:36 UTC) on co-ordinates 61′ 35′ E – 23′ 24′ N (Oman Plain, North Arabian Sea), and Sunset (23:36 UTC) on co-ordinates 78′ 18′ W – 9′ 32′ N (Panama).

The positional data is not the point I am trying to convey, because combined with satellite disruption, it becomes hypothetical in nature. It is the period of time the sun and moon occupies their respective latitudes. If you hold a magnifying glass over a sheet of paper, and focus light from the sun on a specific point. It is only a matter of time before you burn a hole through the paper! I believe the sun and moon in similar respects are doing the same thing when their orbital positions place them on static latitudes for long periods. The CIR could be enhancing this effect, but it still leaves the problem… where is the light being focused too ?

I don’t know if any of this has relevance , but you may see something worth adding to the equation…

11 pts
    Counselor
    June 23, 2017 at 8:34 pm #1873

I can definitely attest to the USGS archive being valuable, as well as that information about the new moon/full moon. That is the other information I have been using, including the quake watch tools. Although I don’t have any “hit” to my name yet, it helped me get closer to a couple of areas. I will see an area I put on watch become a spot that S0 may put up, which is beginning to happen more often when I finally do post a forecast, but any new information I am learning about here has only been of help. As for my latest use of USGS, in being hyper focused on tracing smaller quakes and patterns leading up to 6.5+, I thought I kept a seeing lines that mirrored the magnetic field lines.

Hook, you have been taking me school, and I am super appreciative over what you just explained to me. Taking some more time to ponder this while I am away from home at the moment. I was looking for some uncensored access to neutron data after what you said in your video, and agree with your wish to have it too now. I was trying to monitor GONG for the next shift, and eyeballed what appeared to be a shift approaching, but not for another day, +\- a day. However, reviewing how that neutral line can appear to shift/wobble rapidly, I am curious to see if that is what manisfested in the GONG satellite frames once posted. But, I am going to put that aside for the time being because you are right about going one step at a time for me.

Hook, I will do my best to keep my questions simple too. With electrostriction and magnetostriction, I am imagining the earth’s crust expanding and contracting at the times of the boundary crossing, as well as periods of new/full moon. Does inhomogeneous magnetic fields mean inhomogeneous expansion/contraction? Our planet, although bathed in this current sheet, the expansion/contraction is also not instantaneous since there is a period time before that shift arrives, and later a period of time for our crust to later expand/contract in response to the change. Does this also mean inhomogeneities in both intensity and location of the surge? I have more questions, but I will save those for later in the next steps.

115 pts
    lester
    June 23, 2017 at 11:11 pm #1874

HookEcho, you mentioned “Triple Junction” in your reply, assuming it may be of consequence, then further information of assistance may be; on June 24, when it is sunrise precisely on the West Chile Rise at 13:56 UTC, it is dusk precisely on the Triple Junction location. This is a last day correlation, on the 25th Triple Junction changes to 13:57 UTC… Sure hope Richard is keeping a map of all these points 🙂

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 24, 2017 at 2:30 am #1875

Lester,
    What I will do is break your post down.
    Let us begin here:

“I have spent most of the past month, trying to log the data feed breaks related to the Ace satellite, particularly the mag monitor. Most feeds have been cutting off in the 23:30’s UTC range.” Since the switch to the new satellite, all efforts are likely directed and take priority. ACE is not monitored exclusively by NASA,[if at all] SWPC relies on international and domestic partners to provide continuous tracking and data retrieval from the satellite. At around 22:00 UTC, the responsibility switches from one partner to the next, and whomever that is, either now provides tracking and data for the new satellite, or possibly does not even provide the service any longer for ACE. I would imagine a slight overlap of some kind in order to provide continuous data flow, and around 23:00 UTC or so, the last partner that was doing the data retrieval eventually loses contact and the signal drops, leaving a gap until the next partner begins to pick up and receive data.

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 24, 2017 at 3:53 pm #1882

Counselorgimber,
    “Although I don’t have any “hit” to my name yet,” nothing to worry about,as far as this website, I was actually the ‘first’ forecaster @ quakewatch to have a “hit” to my name, but the post had “mysteriously” disappeared the next day. It just so happened I had created a post in regards on my google plus page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/6Hy2S4GbNJF
    No one seems to know what happened to the post..Ben stated he even left a comment. Moving on…

After that, I have for the most part, attempting ‘new’ forecast methods. mixing it up a little, tinkering with this and that…trying new factors here and there. The forecast I had hopes for was when the contest was announced. Darn I was close…if it hadn’t been for that volcano eruption stealing and slightly redirecting the migration. This is rather interesting: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/f38KpzSwbsP
    Honestly,I am here for ya’ all for the most part. I will be back online alter this evening to attempt to answer the remaining questions.
    Keep up the great work, all..and where in the heck are the other forecasters? You have input/questions, lets see them. For the time is coming when you will have to deal with a pushback from the mainstream, so you had better have a clue of what you are talking about if you get caught up in a debate.

115 pts
    lester
    June 24, 2017 at 8:23 pm #1884

Thank you for a very thorough and plausible explanation, changeovers could contribute to data feed disruption. However, I read an article in science press, some time in September/October’ish last year (I’m afraid I don’t recall which one). the corespondent reported a delay in decommissioning the ACE satellite, because they were still trying to solve issues with DSCOVR. Ace and DSCOVR were both experiencing data feed breaks through October into November… from mid-November, everything went back to normal! It’s not the first time I have received a similar explanation, but I’ll agree with you until further data becomes available (or not), and the matter can be discussed further.

Interesting theory that you believe a volcanic eruption altered the strength of the energy discharge at your forecast point… because I believe in the very same thing. If you imagine the Earth as a plasma globe, similar to what you see at a science fair. It is displaying multiple EM discharges from a central electrical point (core), which come into contact with the glass. You place a finger against the top of the globe, and it cause an attraction to the plasma, but there is only a small percentage of attraction. If you place your finger on one side of the globe at an equatorial level, same thing happens. But if you then place your whole palm on the opposite equatorial level at the same time, all the plasma heads for your palm, and there will be absolutely no attraction to your finger. Similarly, you have a nice little 5.5+ lined up, then a 7+ goes off and changes the attraction!… robbing you of a HIT. Of course, this is only my interpretation, and shouldn’t be taken as science 101, one interesting point with the globe though, when you remove your palm the plasma discharges increase by 200%, and re-stabilise to normal levels after a few seconds… similar to hundreds of aftershocks after the 6.3 Turkey event etc.

I have such a globe in my observatory… If one is to play the part of a crazy scientist, a plasma globe is essential 🙂

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 26, 2017 at 5:45 am #1889

Lester,
    “I was deliberating the behavioural pattern of the CIR, is it interrelated with specific orbital cycles ?”
    CIR is short for co rotating interaction region. This is where fast solar wind originating from a coronal hole meets with the slower solar wind. So, before a high speed coronal hole stream reaches Earth, CIRs will be just ahead of the faster stream. They can be identified by a rotation of the Phi Angle, and (usually) have a unique look to them and (usually) are fairly easy to pick out. Some differences between a CIR and a solar sector boundary crossing (SSBC) is the CIR will rotate the Phi Angle through both positive and negative sectors, and a SSBC will just be a “single action” switch from one polarity to the other. This is not always the case, as the warped magnetic field will sometimes “bounce” between polarities before settling and remain in either a positive or negative sector. Also note the polarity of the solar wind will match the sector the majority of the time. Some SSBC’s will show a rise in the “low energy” protons while the neutral layer makes its passage. And some do not. Some SSBC’s will bump up the kp index and produce aurora, change the speed of the solar wind and/or density for a short period.

“With electrostriction and magnetostriction, I am imagining the earth’s crust expanding and contracting at the times of the boundary crossing, as well as periods of new/full moon. Does inhomogeneous magnetic fields mean inhomogeneous expansion/contraction?” Ya, well I am not so sure this is what actually occurs during a crossing. It could very well be cosmic rays making their way to the lithosphere, being detected by ground stations and since the New/Full Moon causes thermal neutrons to the released from the crust, the authors that state this assume the same action and/or mechanism
    is applied to the crossings as well. I personally think the increased hard component of the cosmic rays coming from above is the correct explanation , possibly discharging the static field that is present above the some of future epicenters. It is my belief that their are several ways an earthquake can be triggered. Some are energy making its way up from the core, while others are triggered from actions occurring from above. Full Moon triggered quakes may be the result of an electrical discharge taking place, since an electrical charge is present along the surface of the Moon due to the Moon residing in Earths plasma tail. This could be a more thorough explanation, rather than just a tidal type effect. The combined gravitational pull of the New Moon and Sun may explain the triggering of a quake, or better yet an interaction between the Interplanetary Magnetic Field and the New Moon. Or your thoughts in regards may be correct as well. We see changes in TEC (total electron content) in the ionosphere sometimes months in advance of an earthquake.Same applies to OLR (outgoing long wave radiation) Others nothing. It is rather fun theorizing, Yes? I may add more to this post later..

115 pts
    lester
    June 27, 2017 at 3:02 pm #1894

HookEcho, apologies for not getting back to you yesterday …my group therapy session finished later than expected 🙂

Actually, I was attempting to try and establish the moons angular position in Earth’s plasma tail at 18:24 UTC June 23. I was doing a follow up (unsuccessfully I might add) on your comment “Due to the moon residing in Earth’s plasma tail”. At 18:24 UTC June 23, I noted an aspect change in magnetic field data, nothing major but it got my attention because the moon was on longitude 100′ 36′ W… a close match to my West Chile Rise forecast. The sun didn’t interest me at first, but you know from my past accounts, I believe these aspect changes are related to the sun leaving a footprint in the field lines. I ran a basic sequence from the aspect change, to the time the 6.1 occurred near Tonga, and this is what I came up with…

Aspect change confirmed as 18:24 UTC June 23 – sun on co-ordinates 95′ 25′ W – 23′ 25′ N, this places you in the Mexican Ridges Region, Gulf of Mexico. 18:24 UTC also happens to be the time of Sunrise on co-ordinates 176′ 34′ W – 19′ 26′ S (soon to be 6.1 epicentre Tonga!), and Dawn (18:24 UTC) on positional co-ordinates 140′ 36′ E – 23′ 24′ N, which is South of Io canyon, Izu Islands, Japan. On 2017-06-24 02:37:18 UTC, a 5.6 occurred in Mozambique. Also at this time (02:38 UTC) it was Dusk on co-ordinates 95′ 25′ W – 23′ 25′ N (Mexican Ridges Region!). New moon occurred at 02:41 UTC June 24 (alignment from sun to Earth), the sun’s position at this time was co-ordinates 140′ 36′ E – 23′ 24′ N (Io canyon, Izu Islands region!). On 2017-06-25 17:42:30 UTC, a 6.1 occurred NW of NuKu’alofa, Tonga, it was Sunset on co-ordinates 26′ 31′ E – 38′ 85′ N, Lesvos Basin, Western Turkey (6.3 epicentre, June 12) at 17:42 UTC.

The first thing that struck me when I compared this sequence to those I had posted previously, was that there doesn’t seem to be a moon correlation… I ran the sequence twice more, but had the same results. It may indicate as you suggested “a combined gravitational pull, or an increase in EM influence… the sun obviously being the dominant source. Something happened in the Near Earth environment at 18:24 UTC June 23. I’m afraid my words are not as eloquent as yours, but if the sun “is” leaving a footprint on the Earth, there has to be some kind of counter effect in space… and unfortunately, this is not my territory.

There is also the question, why are correlations continuing with the 6.3 epicentre in Western Turkey. It is as if plasma from the core has punched an EM hole in Earth’s surface from beneath, and it is continuing to vent radiation, like a searchlight on the clouds… waiting for the terminator to fly into it!. Again, I am just theorising, which I agree can be fun, but I believe focus should be about the lead up too, rather than the orbital event itself!

Forgive my humour at the start of this post, I have been the object of ridicule and humiliation on many occasions due to this subject, I try to turn thing around and make it more humorous… there by making their punchlines less effective. It is also one reason I changed lanes on the discussion when I did, a chance to stay under the radar so to speak. I did not take consequences to you into account, so please accept my late deserved apology… and urge you to go with your original idea.

I shall be trying to focus on forecasting for the immediate future, I have been using online data and sources supplied on this site, I have a few hits in self proclamations, but I also have a couple of toys of my own that I wish to test, to see if they can make a difference… they help me look for footprints 🙂

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 28, 2017 at 4:11 am #1895

Lester,
    Here is a link related our discussion:
    Lightning as a space-weather hazard: UK thunderstorm activity modulated by the passage of the heliospheric current sheet:
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2015GL066802/pdf
    And here is a post I made awhile back in an attempt to replicate their findings:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/PX8YpZRc48v

37 pts
    HookEcho
    June 28, 2017 at 11:52 am #1896

I, also have a plasma globe sitting next to my laptop 🙂
    I was considering constructing a mini Tesla coil as well, suitable for a desktop.
    In regards to the Moon, there is a general trend of increase in earthquakes that begins 5 days before a New Moon event, and several times immediately after.
    The P-Value is 0.047303. The result is significant at p < 0.05.
    Graph: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83EkoitOiKQYjJoZ3hObW1vbUU/view?usp=sharing

In a study just published in Nature Geoscience, University of Tokyo researchers report that of the 12 largest recorded earthquakes — those with a magnitude of 8.2 or more — over the past two decades, nine occurred on days near new or full moons, when the gravitational tidal pull caused high stress across the fault. Earthquake potential revealed by tidal influence on earthquake size–frequency statistics http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v9/n11/full/ngeo2796.html

11 pts
    Counselor
    June 28, 2017 at 2:46 pm #1898

Hook, your talk of static discharge has had me in deep thought lately. I have returned home, and to work, which slows my being able to continue theorizing through this message board. I have been thinking the static discharge is making more sense anyway, especially in the everyday sense. Charges getting equalized coming in the form of being “shocked” by one’s own car, by another person, or by the front door handle to your home has me wondering more. Rewatched Ben’s interview of Mr. Pollack, reviewed your video again (as well as the additional links you have been sharing with Lester), and have been reviewing the recent information about the make-up of cosmic rays. Even Ben’s recent interview with the researcher from MIT about glyphosate mentioned something about the cell holding the negative charge at the boundary, but releasing the positive charges (I will need to review that again to confirm that statement) and imagining this thermal neutron release as a larger version of this same process). Kind of has me thinking about my dad saying things like, “As is above, as is below.” I will definitely return with more questions soon. I hope to be making more forecasts as well.

115 pts
    lester
    June 28, 2017 at 6:08 pm #1899

A small experiment you may consider trying sometime, you need a plasma globe, dipole antenna and an audible EM sensor. If you made a small VLF dipole antenna (45 cm’s diagonally) with 80 – 100 copper winding’s, and hang this on a wall in your office or workshop, preferably in a North/South orientation. Then attach the external probe of an EM sensor to the same wall, approx 15 cm’s from the equatorial point of the antenna. I have one called “Cell Sensor” cellular phone/ EMF detection device, I got it on eBay for around $40.

VLF propagation is affected by differing solar environments, particularly solar flares. The antenna is designed to receive very low frequency transmissions, but it is also receiving solar energy. If you place your finger on the plasma globe, and hold the finger of your other hand, approx 1 cm from the wire at the base of the antenna (hovering), and move your finger at this distance towards the sensor. It will give an audible warning when you have reached a specific distance. Removing your finger from the globe stops the alarm, you have in effect transferred EM energy fro the plasma globe into the antenna using your own body… it doesn’t sound very exiting at this point. However, if you did this on a regular basis, particularly 4 – 5 days after new moon, on certain occasions you will find the alarm will go off when your finger is upto 25 cm’s distance from the wire… the reason being, a heavy EM presence already occupies the copper. If you note the position of the sun, moon and terminator at this time, and note were they are when the energy drops off, you may gain a rough indication of a potential seismic region!

Couple of down sides – it doesn’t work very well in urban areas, possibly due to close proximity of grid outlets. And it can play havoc with television reception, missed many a good show on TV because of this device!

It’s not a Tesla Coil, but it can transmit energy without wires 🙂

Thank you again for the moon info…

37 pts
    HookEcho
    July 1, 2017 at 4:30 pm #1910

Counselorgimber,
    Tom Bleier, a satellite engineer with QuakeFinder, states right before a large earthquake, static-electricity discharges rise sharply, with claims of readings of the final discharge in the range of 100,000 amperes for a magnitude 6 earthquake and a million amperes for a magnitude 7. “Underground lightning.”

I think I may share some older methods and some other factors I have looked for and used in the past, you all may find some usefulness in the Observations.

Some earthquakes effect the height if the ionospheric F2 layer. The region of the ionosphere where the electron density is greatest occurs in the F2 region of the ionosphere and is known as the height maximum of the F2 layer (or hmF2). Some of my posts where I incorporate localized ionosondes [a type of radar that examines the ionosphere] focus on anomalies in hmF2 just prior or during high magnitude earthquakes. This is potential evidence of the lithosphere-atmosphere-ionosphere coupling. A pre-earthquake zone is highly enhanced due to the injection of airborne positive ions associated with telluric currents. The injection of positively charged air ions at the rock-to-air interface will produce a vertical electric field that extends into the ionosphere. Shifts of sudden changes in this electric field leading to a triggering of an event will in turn effect hmF2. Some images below for visualization proposes: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/LwE5XtZUkdM

Here are some examples:
    M7.6 earthquake Peru @ 22:45: 38 UTC: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/ZfcYrpen6Fp
    Ionospheric precursor and response to M6.2 earthquake 66km WNW of Diego de Almagro, Chile 2016-07-25 17:26:49 UTC:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/UREFNWfmWkE
    M6.3 earthquake, 32km NW of Rosa Zarate, Ecuador 2016-07-11 02:11:04 UTC at a depth of 19.2 km:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/117300779230803580292/posts/8jZmSG8J1Zu

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by HookEcho.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by HookEcho.
    11 pts
    Counselor
    July 3, 2017 at 7:24 am #1923

Hook, these visuals for the vertical electric fields are super. Kinda reminds me of a few things that I will save for now to ask about the F2 layer measurements. Those anomalies are happening over the course of minutes. Was it an occurrence that included the thermal nuetrons, as well as the factors used on quakewatch, as the last precursor to a quake of those higher magnitudes? For a person like me, it may be tough to track this if it were to be independent of the other factors. Is there a means to monitor this in near real time for the public?

Lester, I might need to save your experiment idea when my kid gets older. But, I am into that kind of idea. I live in a sub-urban setting which may still have its obstacles too. Had a plasma globe growing up and would mess with it often.

115 pts
    lester
    July 3, 2017 at 2:11 pm #1924

A wise decision Counselor, stay with HookEcho and the science for now. If you see a marked improvement with my current forecasts …you will know weather it is worth spending 40 bucks in the future 🙂

I haven’t used it myself for a long time, but the darn thing keeps going crazy every time the sun passes 96’E or 84’W !!!

11 pts
    Counselor
    July 4, 2017 at 10:03 pm #1939

Lester, no worries man. The value in what could be discovered from that is always worth more than the dollar amount. At least to me, that’s how I see the hands on experiences anyway. It’s more a space issue. I am outnumbered. Kind of hard to explain to a 2 year old what I am doing to our home, and my spouse, without much room for me to play too. I have to settle for the digital space to lay out these ideas and perform thought experiments in my down time. Like Ben has mentioned , and I feel others have said as much here, we are here for each other to walk through this fire together.

For Hook, I forgot to ask about the F2 critical frequency chart on spaceweathernews. Do those measurements in anyway correspond to what you had posted about? Again, still taking my time with those images related to rock-to-air interface.

11 pts
    Counselor
    July 4, 2017 at 11:05 pm #1940

Lester, by the way, those points are lines of latitude? Right? Aren’t those lines within a few degrees of the Devil’s Triangle and the Bermuda Triangle?

115 pts
    lester
    July 4, 2017 at 11:42 pm #1941

I’m afraid not counselor, East/West is longitude, an easy mistake to make. Alien abduction regions are next on my bucket list, I just have to get this little quake problem out of the way first. If it’s any consolation, you made me smile… I don’t have a lot to smile about these days 🙂

Thank you for your kind words, spoken with passion… I like that!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search