• 11 pts
    Counselor
    March 14, 2020 at 3:02 pm #6872

Sharing concern with fellow forecasters observing this area…M6.0+ potential for a 250 KM radius around Big Pine, CA (Owens valley) for an initial watch period of 7 days.

Score: 0
    11 pts
    Counselor
    March 21, 2020 at 1:46 pm #6892

Extending this forecast for an added 7 days for a total of 14 days from the initial forecast. Also, adjusting the potential to M7+. There was a M4.5 in Indian Hills, NV (just outside of Carson City, NV) that is right on my radius marker of 250 KM from Big Pine, CA (Owens Valley). Worries over it as being a foreshock.

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    March 24, 2020 at 5:26 pm #6902

I’m new here. I’ve been actively learning and making forecast with some success and improving. I live in Santa Rosa in Sonoma County California. Your for cast looks like it is in the right area, but a 4 to 5 mag range is more likely.

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    March 25, 2020 at 8:37 pm #6923

Well, with the 7.5 going off near Severo-Kuril’sk, Russia, that does mean more pressure heading our way (I live in Santa Rosa CA) and could push the stregth of quakes up. One of the things I have noticed about California Quakes, is they move super slow. LOL SO I just started making my forecasts to begin in a few days from the forecast statement. I’m even tempted to start them a week later then my forecast statement.

But right now sleepy California is “LIT UP”! Lot’s of quake activity to help narrow in on locations and sizes of forecasted quakes. I’m guessing in two weeks we will look back at the activity and be surprised at what ocurred.

Mark

115 pts
    lester
    April 1, 2020 at 11:19 pm #6982

Counselor,

Been noted that you made a high end call, for inland West Coast US (6.5 Idaho). Granted, it was in a different state… but what’s a few miles between friends… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search