• 11 pts
    Counselor
    April 4, 2020 at 6:39 am #8599

M 6+ potential for a 250 KM radius around Tehachapi, CA for an initial watch period of 3 days. Not ignoring the quake near Anza, CA, but concerned about the Garlock fault zone.

Score: 0
    15 pts
    Canyonrat
    April 4, 2020 at 7:26 pm #8602

I think you are in the area, I too am “sniffing” about looking just ENE. I too think it will be sooner then later.

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    April 4, 2020 at 7:58 pm #8603

Changed my thinking. Homestead Valley Fault, California.

11 pts
    Counselor
    April 7, 2020 at 12:09 am #8632

I am extending this watch period for 4 more days.

Keep up your solid work Canyonrat! Always nice to see more people putting up forecasts. I donโ€™t visit as often as I would like to, but the group in here is awesome!

Hello to all!

115 pts
    lester
    April 7, 2020 at 12:40 am #8633

Have you seen how he works ? Never felt safer in California… and I don’t live there ๐Ÿ™‚

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    April 7, 2020 at 5:38 pm #8635

Thank you Counselor and lester. Counselor, good choice to extend. I’m not sharp on moon knowledge, but tonight 4/7 or tomorrow 4/8 we have a super new moon and Ben is forecasting coronal hole energy in the next few days. I think we will see sharply increased seismic activity the KP hits 3 the moon is just past being over head (I’m an old surfer and know tidal forces) and the tide start to drop and the coronal energy hits. This might make for some BIG forecasts that get completed in just hours, which would be highly satisfying. Peace out.

115 pts
    lester
    April 7, 2020 at 8:52 pm #8636

The Full Moon, with respect of orbital alignment between Sun, earth and moon, occurs between times 23:14:00 UTC – 23:16:35 UTC 7th April. During the last Full Moon, between times 14:22:06 UTC – 14:24:25 UTC 9th March, it was sunrise on Parkfield, California !

Decided to pass a little time today by giving my computer a spring clean. I was using lens cleaner, and spent nearly two minutes trying to remove a spot off my model screen below Africa, then realised it was Prince Edward Island… amazing that I actually hit anything here !

Prince Edward Island… if I recall correctly, an old nemesis of Counselor’s ๐Ÿ™‚

11 pts
    Counselor
    April 11, 2020 at 4:02 pm #8676

Hey Lester and Canyonrat,

Looks like the spot I forecasted back on March 14 popped at 5.3 today. Itโ€™s too bad I canโ€™t put in more time for this like I was for the July quake I forecasted last year.

I hope to come back again to help soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

11 pts
    Counselor
    April 11, 2020 at 5:29 pm #8678

Just for the sake of concern about pressure building up for this area after that magnitude 5 near Mono Lake/June Lake, CA…

I will just extend this watch for the max of 20 days from initial post with magnitude potential at 7+.

Hopefully you guys are getting some good information on this action right now.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Counselor.
    115 pts
    lester
    April 11, 2020 at 5:32 pm #8680

Oh ! you mean that 7.1 in Ridgecrest… he reminisces, as he blows on his finger nails, before rubbing them on his chest lol

I mentioned in your last forecast, you were know for having a habit of being a month premature with your forecasts… good to see you have not made a liar out of me !.

Always be good to see you more Counselor, especially as must of us are in lockdown… besides, got nobody else to practice my dry humour on ๐Ÿ™‚

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    April 11, 2020 at 6:40 pm #8681

I expect another similar size quake near or just south Of Bishop California. I also keep looking at Lake Mead / Hoover Dam. But can’t make a forecast yet. Maybe after we have larger quake in New Mexico NW corner. But a 7.0+ is not out of the question now that activity is busy again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search