• NomadicFred
    7 pts
    NomadicFred
    March 18, 2017 at 6:34 pm #919

EMAG2: Earth Magnetic Anomaly Grid – I have added the Layer to Google earth, this is in search of Low Frequency anomalies, My question is am I in the right Pew so to say. my concern and lack of understanding is that I am not sure if there is a difference in sensors, projects or what not for changes that occur above the earths surface and those that are below. I have just started looking into this part and have started asking questions that may be answered as I dive into the search for data layers. Other concern was how often is the data updated, if I am looking at 2 week old data (did not see a metadata yet) when I bring it into google earth it might not serve a purpose for the quakewatch project

off to the stacks

Fred

Score: 0
    Mr2tuff
    4 pts
    Mr2tuff
    March 18, 2017 at 8:25 pm #920

I’ll look into in Fred. Thanks for posting. 🙂

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Score: 1
    Mr2tuff
    4 pts
    Mr2tuff
    March 19, 2017 at 12:08 pm #935

Hi Fred. The EMAG2 (2 arc minute resolution) map as best I can tell was created in 07″ 08″ and 09″ and was compiled from satellite, ship, and airborne magnetic measurements. So it appears to be a one-time publication.
    https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/metaview/page?xml=NOAA/NESDIS/NGDC/MGG/Geophysical_Models/iso/xml/EMAG2.xml&view=getDataView&header=none

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Score: 1
    NomadicFred
    7 pts
    NomadicFred
    March 19, 2017 at 3:18 pm #937

Hey Mr2tuff , Thank you for the look up, I guess I got carried away looking for Magnetic this Magnetic that. However this has been a lot of fun looking at all the different types of data.

Thank you for your time

Fred

Mr2tuff
    4 pts
    Mr2tuff
    March 19, 2017 at 8:11 pm #947

You’re very welcome Fred. Anytime. I found it interesting myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search