• 15 pts
    Canyonrat
    December 2, 2020 at 7:02 am #9822

First, I took a fall, and broke the lower orbit of my right eye socket, on the 27 of Oct. I will recover, but darn, that bump to the head did a reboot to my thinking. LOL It took 3 or 4 weeks to be back at normal IQ processing speed.

In the morning I will put thought to paper regarding North America.

It appears we had a fast mover quake roll through starting from M 6.4 – 88 km SSE of Sovetskaya Gavan’, Russia 2020-11-30 22:54:34 (UTC) 48.258°N 140.811°E 587.0 km depth and “perhaps” ending at M 5.1 – 25 km S of Mina, Nevada 2020-12-01 23:32:56 (UTC) 38.164°N 118.084°W 5.0 km depth.

Over all the last few weeks, it appears to me that the main seismic activity has been focused in the southern hemisphere and far north Atlantic. And in the last few days now shifting to the greater north Pacific…volcanoes and such.

I don’t see anything concerning in the USA at this time. The “Juan de Fuca” continues to scare me, to the point I sound like a broken record to even myself, just repeating over and over “Juan de Fuca” “Juan de Fuca” “Juan de Fuca”…If it was a TV, then there could be a scary image to go with “Juan de Fuca”. LOL

Score: 0
    115 pts
    lester
    December 2, 2020 at 1:28 pm #9823

Hey Mark,

Thank you for your detailed and witty explanation. Several members had expressed concern at your absence… but I wasn’t one of them 🙂

I would wish you a speedy recovery, but if you are still thinking about “Juan de Fuca”, this may take longer than expected LOL

Get well soon !

Lester

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Score: 1
    115 pts
    lester
    December 4, 2020 at 7:56 pm #9840

Yo Mark, I did you the courtesy of replying to you with a “sincerely” humorous response. And have been eagerly awaiting your paper on North America, which was slated for the morning of 3rd December !

Are you getting back with the program… or did you also injure your fingers in this fall ?

6 pts
    JEC
    December 4, 2020 at 8:51 pm #9842

Now if I had fallen..head is the hardest part of this old body…the fall I took last broke three thoracic to Lumbar vertibra..T12 down thru L2..a fall like a seat belt injury but did it sailing Offshore getting back to land NOT FUN.
    . But didnt bother the head. Get well soon..

115 pts
    lester
    December 4, 2020 at 11:01 pm #9844

Broke my ankles in a fall some 20 years ago, but this was not the most harrowing part of this accident. Whilst donning plaster casts, I became depressed because I had not been able to take a bath for weeks. My wife found some bath socks on eBay, designed to be worn over casts, and then inflated to keep water out. So there I was enjoying a well overdue bath, with my legs floating in front of me. Then I held my nose and ducked under the water like I always did. Very relaxing moment, and then panic set in when I realized I could not submerge my legs to push myself to the surface again. Sheer luck that I managed to release the sock valves and eliminate buoyancy, just as my own air was becoming depleted !

My rubber duck nearly became an orphan… and I have only taken showers ever since !

For anyone just tuning in, we also predict earthquakes on this website… 🙂

Tayrance Allen
    14 pts
    Tayrance Allen
    December 4, 2020 at 11:14 pm #9845

Hope you are feeling better! God bless you. Much love.

115 pts
    lester
    December 9, 2020 at 1:09 am #9876

I have noted a lot of activity in North America during the last 24 hours… anybody want to theorize a reason ?

Our man in San Francisco would be best suited for this… but he seems to be absent again !

115 pts
    lester
    December 19, 2020 at 10:44 pm #9951

Hey Mark,

We are starting to have big problems in the UK, our health service is being stretched to the limit due to the pandemic. Many surgical and emergency departments are being re tasked to deal with Covid patients… so regular treatments are getting seriously behind. I am assuming the same thing is happening in the US, and the reason why you have not responded to messages of concern from fellow forecasters. I on the other hand hope you come back because I still have red rings on my Google map, from your experiments weeks ago… and I don’t know how to delete them !

Your contributions “do count” here… so get back on the horse buddy 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search