• NomadicFred
    7 pts
    NomadicFred
    March 13, 2017 at 12:10 am #776

Just wanted to introduce myself, My Name is Fred Jones and I have been getting my Daily dose of SO for about 2 years now and have enjoyed seeing the process develop over that time from the daily YouTube videos, to the mobile observatory and the SO website, to the Mobile APP…. and now with more people working on this we now have QuakeWatch and a whole host of other sites with more and more information, and information that is supported and cited to boot. It has been a refreshing journey to see work that is supported and researched …

By trade I am a GIS Analyst so part of my enthusiasm toward this related to the viewing of maps and seeing the different types of data that are used and how conclusions are made from that data.

I look forward to talking with people, and developing a skill over time using these tools

Thank you for your time

Fred

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Score: 1
    Ben Davidson "S0"
    29 pts
    Ben Davidson "S0"
    March 13, 2017 at 12:19 pm #803

Good to see you Fred. We hope to get as much information out to you as possible over the coming months, and hopefully it will begin a major scientific movement! The first Members tips posts is already posted in the tips forum 🙂

Score: 0
    NomadicFred
    7 pts
    NomadicFred
    March 15, 2017 at 2:02 pm #852

Thank you Ben, Ill try to be useful. I going to see if there is a way I can get a globe setup for this either via Q-GIS – Google Earth or see if I can get my copy of ArcGIS 9 to run on Windows 10 , so I can put some layers on , take notes and so on , and pull data feeds … what would be neat is if I can do that for both the earth and the sun so I can track the opposite side of the sun to see the filaments, holes, and if things are positive or negative in bound to earth facing…. Lots of thoughts rolling around, Thank you again

lehmd
    April 25, 2017 at 3:05 am #1406

Hi Fred, and Ben, and Hook, and All..been following S0 for about the same amount of time as you Fred, and have been watching this evolve as well. Need to finish reading more on prediction tools and tricks, but, realized how much I had absorbed when I watched the Earthquake prediction video from OTF, with a new recruit to the channel, and found myself explaining basics to him, simple things that have become second nature being exposed to the channel for so long. Hoping to contribute to the efforts to forecast predictably as I learn the tools more thoroughly.
    Was wondering if there was a need for someone to go back in history and check for the presence of predictive factors, such as sunspots, Kp values, Blot Echos, migration patterns, chains, etc for past large quakes. It appears much of that has been done, (or you wouldn’t have all these nifty tricks to look out for!) but let me know if there is a need for any efforts directed backwards in time, too.
    Looking forward to this exciting journey with fellow S0s.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by lehmd. Reason: spelling
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search