• 15 pts
    Canyonrat
    April 4, 2021 at 12:55 am #10422

I know, very vague. So this is a watch not a forecast.

The quakes have decreased in numbers and strengths, very noticeably. Dutch has noticed when this type of thing occurs it means a build of of energy is happening and that the flow of force is blocked.

So, what I see are silent zones.

The big one is the Hecate Strait and the Queen Charlotte Islands off the west coast of Canada. Perhaps north end of Juan de fuca.

My already posted forecast M 4.1 to M 5.3 Garlock Fault area of California 2021-04-01 to 2021-04-06, is still in play, but need to consider upping the Magnitude range.

And the other area is Western New Mexico / Eastern Arizona. Who knows the size, but over M 5.0.

Now I will watch (all eyes open) to see if I can spot a foreshock. So I am doing this just to get this down onto the record.

Mark, peace out, be safe.

Score: 0
    115 pts
    lester
    April 4, 2021 at 5:30 pm #10425

Hey Mark,

I have been playing around with “Western US verses volcanoes” scenarios today, and thought I would contribute what I have found towards your watch. I too noted that activity in the US has gone strangely quiet, and was actually checking this out when you submitted your post. One thing I am trying to do is to establish correlations with active volcanoes, because I believe these play a “big” part with respect to seismicity. As of late evening on 1st April (UK time), I had formulated a forecast for New Zealand, and was just waiting for that little extra before committing a forecast. On 2nd April at 03:59 UTC, an explosive event occurred from Mt Suwanosejima volcano in the Ryukyu Islands, Japan. the moon was located on longitude 174’18’E New zealand at this time. As I had already included Mt Suwanosejima in the pre event scenario, I figured this was the calling I was waiting for. On 3rd April at 01:16:39 UTC, an M 6.6 event occurred East of the South sandwich Islands… and this was the exact time that moonset occurred on Mt Suwanosejima. New Zealand was not the target on this occasion, but it is an excellent example of “volcanic influence” at work !

As far as the US is concerned, I observed that since 1st April, moonset on Mt Etna volcano has been correlating with the western US as moonrise. For example, correlating moonrise was located on Vancouver Island on 1st April. then as the moon headed south each passing day, so did the moonrise threshold. On the 2nd, it was off the coast of Northern California, on the 3rd at 08:49 UTC, it was located on Berkeley, San Francisco. And on 4th April at 09:47 UTC, it transited as far south as San Jose. However, looking further inland at this time, it was also moonrise on coordinates 115’25’W – 44’27’N. This location is the Bear Valley Mountain region in Southern Idaho. I checked EMSC records and it appears all recent activity in Idaho, has occurred within this region. So, a moonrise / moonset relationship with Mt Etna could potentially lead to more notable activity in the coming days. This moonrise correlation with Mt Etna enters Canada again on the 6th, transits Alaska, and returns to the US on 29th April. I mentioned “Berkeley” as a point of concern, because on 2nd April at 17:24 UTC, it was moonset in Berkeley and sunset on Mt Etna volcano !

On 4th April at 02:04 UTC, it was moonset on Mt Sakurajima volcano, and sunset in Holtville, south of the Salton Sea. This location also has potential because on 3rd April at 21:04:27 UTC, the moon was located on longitude 129’42’E Mt Suwanosejima, and it was sunrise on Mt Sakurajima volcano. There is going to be a lot of influence from this correlation, and at “12-hours” later 09:05 UTC 4th April, it was moonrise in Holtville on coordinates 115’23’W – 32’48’N. At 02:13 UTC on 4th April, it was moonset on Mt Suwanosejima… and sunset in Searles Valley and San Bernardino, Los Angeles.

One other 12 hour scenario relates to Hawaii… on 3rd April at 21:28 UTC, it was moonset on Mauna Loa volcano. At “12-hours” later 09:28 UTC, it was moonrise in Lone Pine, California.

On 4th April at 09:41 UTC, it was sunset on Mt Suwanosejima volcano, and moonrise in the region of Pinnacles, California, on coordinates 121’10’W – 36’34’N.

I do have other correlations, but decided to just include places of familiarity and known seismic history. The 4th April is a very significant day in the ephemeral calendar, because it is “Last Quarter” moon phase… and the moon reaches its most southern latitude for the month of April. These points alone may contribute to significant activity in the coming days !

My scenarios indicate that there is potential for a few “vague” quakes 🙂 … but I don’t see anything that has me waiting in anticipation !

115 pts
    lester
    April 4, 2021 at 6:08 pm #10428

Also worth mentioning that an explosive event occurred from Mt Sakurajima volcano today at 14:35 UTC… first reported activity since 29th March. At this time, the moon was located on longitude 122’36’W… at “12-hours” earlier 02:35 UTC, it was sunset in Berkeley, San Francisco !

115 pts
    lester
    April 4, 2021 at 11:09 pm #10430

On 4th April at 21:41 UTC, an explosive event occurred from Mt Sakurajima volcano. With reference to the previous post, it already states what happened “12-hours” earlier at 09:41 UTC !

If you take this Mt Sakurajima event at 21:41 UTC, and combine it with a “significant” contact in the ACE Phi data at 20:22 UTC 4th April… it may present you with a second chance at something you missed previously !!

http://www.timeanddate.com

6 pts
    JEC
    April 6, 2021 at 10:46 am #10436

Agree, the locked areas are suspect..and think its likely the Los Angeles area for a bigger event.

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    May 29, 2021 at 7:10 pm #10617

A review of this “Watch”. Conclusion: I was correct in seeing a wave of energy coming into North America. I broke this review down to a 12 week view in three parts. Pre-activity. Watch window activity. Post-activity.

Pre-activity

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Canyonrat.
    15 pts
    Canyonrat
    May 29, 2021 at 7:14 pm #10620

Watch window

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Score: 1
    15 pts
    Canyonrat
    May 29, 2021 at 7:14 pm #10621

Post-activity

15 pts
    Canyonrat
    May 29, 2021 at 7:21 pm #10624

SO as you all can see I am developing a more graphical way to show data. I think seeing it on a map is a better way to understand the data. But I will still be using words to exactly describe my observations, forecast, and thoughts.

Stay tuned!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search